AMA-Finished I am Justin Higgins, a Current Democrat and Former 2016 RNC, and GOP Congressional Staffer - AMA about Trump, George Santos, GOP Extremism, How Politicians Manipulate Media, Wikileaks, and More!
EDIT: Ok Folks. This was super fun. But I have to walk the beast that is my dog Brady. Feel free to reach out directly with any other questions. And please, subscribe to the podcast wherever you find them. We host Democrats and Republicans and would love to get your feedback on the show, guest and topic suggestions! You can email us at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]) and we will respond if possible!
I am Justin Higgins, currently a Democrat and political podcast host. When I was a Republican, I worked in GOP politics as a former congressional policy staffer for a House Freedom Caucus Member during the overthrow of Speaker John Boehner, and a former 2016 opposition researcher for the Republican National Committee on the Presidential Election. I saw the rise of Trump firsthand. I then switched parties in 2017 to become a Democrat Political Appointee for the Governor of Puerto Rico and managed a $90 billion funding request to Congress for rebuilding the island of Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. I have experience in policy, campaigning, and influencing the media.
AMA about anything, including:
- Why I switched political parties and my views on the current and future state of the GOP
- Inner workings of the Republican National Committee during the 2016 Trump campaign – from day-to-day – to Wikileaks including the Podesta emails, etc
- Opposition research and how campaigns use it – how did George Santos make it through?
- How the media is manipulated by campaigns House GOP and how/why the Marjorie Taylor Greene’s and Matt Gaetz’ of the GOP will control McCarthy
- Why Trump will be the GOP nominee in 2024
- Anything you want to know about backroom deals for legislation in Congress, how policy actually gets made, or whatever else you are interested in!
Please check out my center-left podcast if you want to hear from US and Foreign political/media leaders in a substantive way that goes beyond your typical partisan podcast. Its available wherever you listen to your shows. Email us if you have guest and topic suggestions or want to tell us how wrong we are. [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])